Find out how to use one of the most popular social networks to promote and drive traffic to your website.
If you know the power of social networks, you will know the enormous benefit of promoting yourself on them. Although, it seems that some of them are out of fashion, or at least they stop growing exponentially, while others have a boom, incorporating thousands of followers per day, as it happens now with TikTok or Instagram.
Facebook, resists the passage of time, as it continues to be one of the largest social networks, with more than 1,500 million active users per month. Imagine the impact that it can create in your marketing strategy, if you could reach a part of these users with just one click.
This social network is very clear about its power and what it can do for brands and businesses, so it offers a special space for them where they can promote themselves. Today we show you how you can use the power of Mark Zuckerberg’s network to promote your website.
Why you should have a business page on Facebook
Promoting yourself through a business page is the easiest and most effective way to bring more visitors to your website through this social network, which takes you by the hand to create ads and campaigns for the right people.
Before you start creating ads, the first thing you need to do is create your business page on Facebook. Remember that one thing is your personal profile and another is a business page or Fan Page, the latter is a free page focused on businesses that offers an online space for your company, in part it is like a digital store, which appears on the Facebook marketplace.
If you are not in a hurry to set up yours, here we explain the advantages of having it:
- You are in the same place as your customers and potential customers: As we have already mentioned, despite being on the market for years, Facebook is still the application with the most active users per day, as well as being the most downloaded in the App Store and Play Store. This feature ensures that your potential customers and clients have a Facebook profile with which they can get to know you.
- Humanize your brand: Interacting with your customers can be a difficult task, however by having presence on Facebook, and especially by having a Fan Page, you can make this job easier. For example, you can answer faster to the messages of your followers or interact with them in real time. In the end, your customers will appreciate that there is a real person behind the brand.
- Advertising: Having a Fan Page offers you a very important advantage, that of promoting all your publications to reach a wider audience. Segmenting your audience and making advertising campaigns adjusted to your budget.
- Several administrators: One of the features of this page is that it allows at least five administrators with a different role each: administrator, editor, moderator, advertiser and analyst. Everyone, except the analyst, can post ads, which means that you can have four people posting to promote your business, so you can meet your marketing objectives.
- Direct traffic to your website: Facebook is an excellent tool for sharing, if you take advantage of it creatively to promote the content of your website or blog, you can generate more visits. This is precisely the feature that we seek to explain in this post.
Promote your website on your Facebook page
Once you have your Fan Page and the privileges to publish, go to the top of the page and select Promote. Once there, select the option to get more visitors to the website.
Then the page will show you a questionnaire about the type of ad you are looking for, from there you get suggestions about text, images and videos, according to the information you have on your page; of course, these elements can be modified and customized.
Then it will ask you to fill in the following fields to finish the ad:
- Content: This is where you should place the link to your website. You can also include your slogan, text or an image in your ad.
- Audience: This is where you choose the people who will see your ad, that is, you select the target audience from those that Facebook proposes or you can create one, depending on the characteristics of your brand.
Another advantage of this method is that it allows you to consult the results of the ads published on your Fan Page. To do this, you need to go to the Ad Center tab, then all of the ads, and then select View Results. Of course, you can also see the results on your own website.
About the price of this type of ads, Facebook states that it is variable, and depends on how much you want to spend. They will try to provide the highest number of ads for the specified amount. In some cases, such as advanced ads you need to make a minimum expenditure for the campaign to work, if this is your case Facebook will inform you in advance.
The importance of setting goals
Before acting and promoting your website on Facebook, the best thing you can do is to set objectives related to the answers to the following questions: who is your target audience? and why do you want more visitors on your website?
It is important that you know the answers to these questions by the time you create your ad on Facebook. For many businesses, advertising on this social network did not turn out as they expected, since the page only generated more visits but not more sales.
To avoid the same thing happening to you, you should know who your target audience is, the age range in which they are and their consumption habits, so that you can specify this audience when you make the ad for your website.
Sometimes, we think that adding more types of people in the ad audience is a good strategy, because it will be massive, but the truth is that this will only bring you some extra views that, surely, will not translate into sales.
In this sense, it is very important that you establish the objective of the visits in your blog or web, that is to say, that you determine why you need more visits for. If you have a blog, your priority is to have as many views as possible, so this strategy is ideal for you. This is also the case with informative websites, such as those of newspapers.
However, if your website is an online store, chances are that you are more interested in new customers than in views. If this is your case you should choose your target audience very well and the text of the ad so that you really reach potential customers.
The best thing is that in addition to using this tool, you can condition your website so that all the traffic generated by Facebook is used to sell your products or services. In other words, you must combine this option with other marketing strategies on your website, such as creating a landing page, showing offers or offering discount coupons.
In the end, due to its characteristics, Facebook is an excellent place to promote your website, and the results can be enhanced by combining them with other marketing strategies and by keeping an eye on the statistics in order to change and correct errors in time.
Tell us if you have already used this social network to promote your website and if you have had good results.