Discover the advantages that a web domain brings to your business, in conjunction with a Facebook Fan Page.
To have a successful business on the Internet it is necessary that people see you more and more. If for now you use the platforms of third parties to sell your products, it is better to start thinking about creating your own platform, because it is the ideal way for you to grow your business.
Here we show you the advantages of having your own domain and Fan Page to generate more visits, which in the end can translate into more sales.
Why you should have your own domain
This may seem like a good idea at first and it’s a good way to start generating profits. It’s fine for a business that has just started, but most likely you won’t be able to get the growth you want for your brand this way.
The central problem with these methods is that you don’t generate loyal customers who know your brand and are looking for you specifically, since most marketplace users rarely come in looking for a supplier, they always look for the product.
That’s why you need to register your own web domain. In our blog you can find several posts that will give you great tips to choose the ideal domain for your business.
For now, we will show you some of the advantages of having your own domain name:
Project a professional image
With your own domain you transmit more security for your potential customers, because it is easier for them to trust a page with a professional and personalized address than one with a generic address. It can also help you to distinguish yourself from the competition.
If you want to position your online store in Google it is necessary to have your own domain, which helps the search engine algorithm to classify you according to your activity and location.
This is one of the clearest advantages of being on the web. Imagine that you have a bookstore that operates from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and from Monday to Saturday, your bookstore only generates profits during those hours; whereas, if that same bookstore has a website, it would be available to the public 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, increasing the possibilities of profit.
Attract more potential customers
This is another of the most important advantages of being present on the web. You can increase your potential customers through different tools, such as website or email marketing. Following the example of the bookstore, it can only reach customers who physically pass by it; while being on the Internet your customers can be thousands of miles away.
Promote customer loyalty
Having your own domain and online store means that your customers will look for you every time they need some of your products. It is easier for customers to buy from you if you have a domain name that they can remember and locate more easily, than if they have to search through thousands of products in a marketplace.
It is these loyal customers, who return again and again, who you have to locate, to constantly send them advertising and offers, because with them you have secure sales, while they can recommend you to friends and acquaintances.
In the long run you will realize that paying for a domain name is an excellent investment, because it usually only costs a few dollars a year; but if you do things right and your online store works this expense becomes a very profitable investment.
What are the advantages of a Fan Page
A Fan Page is a type of profile on Facebook designed for companies and public figures, with superior characteristics to personal profiles.
Today your brand or company must be present on this platform, as it is still one of people’s favorite social networks and, above all, it is a powerful marketing channel with important advantages that you cannot miss.
Some of the advantages of a Fan Page are:
- Information visibility: the publications you make will be visible to all interested parties; they don’t have to wait for you to accept them as friends, as it happens with a personal profile.
- Virality: the content can reach millions of users, through your users or if you pay to promote it.
- Statistics: Facebook offers you a series of statistics based on who visits your page. This way you can know the age, sex, location and interaction of your followers, with which you can generate more specific marketing strategies.
- Advertising: You can create different types of ads on your Fan Page.
- Positioning: Fan Pages appear in the search results of Google and other search engines, which helps you position your page.
- Unlimited fans: With this type of page there is no friend limit, while with a personal profile you can only have 5,000 friends.
- Messages: Through your Fan Page you can send messages to all your followers at once and maintain a fluid communication.
- Interaction: your fans can participate, contribute and share your content; and you can even organize forums among them. Somehow this helps you measure the success of a campaign.
- Applications: Facebook allows you to use different applications to get the most out of your interaction with your customers, as you can add surveys, contests, games, blogs and links to other social networks.
- Humanize your brand: many potential customers prefer to buy from a store that does not seem to be served by robots, and a Fan Page can help generate the feeling that behind the brand there is a human being of flesh and blood. Also, there is a community in which customers can share their opinions about your products and shopping experience.
- Customer service: is relatively easy to use this page as a customer service center, in fact many people prefer to leave any question or comment through this channel rather than by the phone.
It is very important to be clear that although this type of profile is free, in the end to exploit all its possibilities you have to invest; either to promote your publications and have them seen by more people, or to promote your page and have more followers. This investment is ideal if your business is new and with few fans.
We have presented you the advantages of having your own domain and Fan Page for your online business, however, implementing these tools does not mean that you give up your current way of working.
Finally, we want to know your opinion, do you think that by combining these tools you can increase sales in your business?